- Make mouse-hover over caption on various buttons show up on touch devices via a press and hold gesture.
- Adjust position of tooltips on hotspots.
- Bug Fixes
- Fix issue where the tool buttons on the left panel can collapse together and overlap if the screen is made too small.
- Fix issue where players who registered several months ago and did not finish the tutorials could get stuck in an old tutorial scenario
- Fix issue where data the client sends to the game server get dropped if there is a connection issue on the server side.
- Fix issue where virtual finger can stall for several seconds and become unresponsive in certain situations
- Improvements to virtual finger algorithm to make it create smoother curves.
- Adjust help page with updated controls for mobile devices and removed controls that were no longer in use.
- A small batch of achievements have finally been added. You can view the ones you have unlocked by going to your player info page. You can go to it by clicking your username near the upper right hand portion of the screen. Currently only neurons that have been closed will contribute to the progress of the current achievements, so there might be delays before they are actually unlocked.
- If you have unlocked an achievement since the last time you have loaded a neuron, a small notification will appear indicating what the achievement was. Clicking on it will take you to your player page.
- While in 3D mode, if you hover over node and zoom in and out, the camera will stay centered on the node.
- Make hotspots filled in so they are easier to see in the 2D map
- Added ability to render certain hotspots as a polygon instead of just a rectangle. Specifically, hotspots are created around regions where multiple people have traces but no consensus trace was formed.
- Added groundwork for a future new tracing feature!
- Bug Fixes
- Remove drop shadow around game container
- Hotspots where recent work (someone traced in the last few hours) was detected will now have a glimmer animation.
- Hotspots where there has not been activity for several days will no longer be visible to reduce some visual clutter.
- For trackpad users, a new mode has been added so the trackpad can more closely match gestures on a mobile device. For example, using a pinch and spread motion to zoom in and out. To enable this mode go to the settings menu at the top right and go to ‘General’->‘Trackpad Mode’.
- Bug Fixes
- On mobile devices, fix a flickering issue with the magnifier while using Connect-the-Dots.
- Fix issues with upcoming 2D map tracing feature.
- Undo a change where hotspots disappeared after a while, always have them visible.
- Reduce opacity of hotspots so they are a little less distracting
- Bug Fixes
- Fix issue where if you ended a trace on an existing node using virtual finger and then create a new segment with virtual finger elsewhere, it created an edge to that previous existing node.
- Fix bug where hotspot visibility was not saved to player preferences
- Hide hotspot when tracing while in tutorials.
- Have comments and hotspots not be visible for new players initially, they are introduced later on with a simple tooltip message.
- Fix issue where disconnection hotspots were not visible if no tracing hotspots were present.
- We have reduced the number of hotspots that indicate tracing areas close to forming consensus to at most 5 per neuron. This will hopefully greatly reduce clutter and allow you only focus on the hotspots that have the highest concentration of traces.
- Bug Fixes
- Fix issue where sometimes it is not possible to click on or hover over a node inside a hotspot due to hit test issues while in 3D mode.
- Fix issue where the hit test bounds of the brightness slider was too large.
- Fix issue where the blue preview traces when using virtual finger would not be cleared if your pointing device left the bounds of the game window.
- Add keyboard short cut to zoom in and out in the 3D view by using the ‘+’ and ‘-’ keys
- On mobile devices the gestures to zoom and rotate will center around a highlighted node if there is one.
- Added ability to invert the neuron image while in 2D view
- Bug Fixes
- Fix issue where the scoreboard at the top right corner did not update when consensus updates were received.
- Resize tutorial animations on mobile devices based on pixel resolution of the devices.
- Each neuron will progress through different game stages over time. Each stage will have different score modifiers applied to encourage creating traces in non obvious areas.
- Add stage name to score ui to indicate score bonuses
- Bug Fixes
- Fix issue with the keyboard shortcut for ‘Connectivity’ view where it did not toggle back to ‘Consensus’ view
- Add stage name, active score bonuses, and time left in stage for a neuron in the various web pages that describe information about the neuron.
- Add display for amount of time left before a neuron closes and no longer accepts new traces.
- Update how we fetch and distribute the 3D neuron image data. Removed old library that required additional processing steps and latency.
- New download method for 3D image data that downs in chunks.
- Reduce amount of data downloaded when navigating using the green arrows that appear on the sides of the 3D image
- Slightly larger image displayed when in trace mode
- Improved contrast on the volume data
- New feature: location tags. In 3D mode, press the ‘t’ key to tag that location so you can return to it later. Tags are visible in 2D mode as small pins - clicking on them will allow you to rename or delete them. To jump to their location, click the arrow in the 2D dialog or select the tag in the new menu in the lower right.
- Renamed the
Comments/Hotspots option menu to
- Added a new option under
Notations to hide the tag pins.
- New tool: Connect-the-Dots 3D. Functions similarly to the original Connect-the-Dots tool, but operates without having to scroll through slices. Instead, moving the mouse without clicking will cause a preview indicator to appear which shows where the next tracing point will be placed. Clicking will place the node at that location. You can rotate the camera while the preview is showing to ensure that it’s placing at a desirable spot.
- Added small blurb during the introduction tutorial sequence about Connect-the-Dots 3D.
- Added option to adjust the size of the Connect-the-Dots 3D preview indicator.
- Add new tool to Virtual Finger and Connect-the-Dots 3D mode that will allow you to clip the 3D volume around a currently selected node. Using a slider ui, increase or decrease the amount of image displayed. Used to help reduce amount of visible signal when trying to follow a neuron path while trace.
- Automatically shift camera while adding traces or selecting a node such that the currently selected node is centered in the screen.
- Adding support in the client for new type of challenge coming soon in the future.
- Additional support for lesson scenarios that are periodically given to users to show how to improve tracing.
- Fix some issues with Virtual Finger freezing and causing the browser window to become unresponsive.
- Add setting to disable the auto-centering while tracing or selecting a node, it can be found when opening the settings menu ‘Trace’->‘Auto-Center View’
- Fix some instance of camera jittering that occurs while tracing due to the auto-centering.
- Fix camera transition animation from OSD to 3D and vis versa
- Reduce number of calls to re-render or recalculate hit testing areas to slightly improve performance.
- We have received new neuron images where multiple neuron overlap closely with each and must all be traced. To better facilitate tracing these multiple cells we have added a new restriction for these particular cells where new traces are only allowed to extend from the soma or any existing traces from either consensus or those previously created by the user.
- In neuron where you can only extend existing traces, various tooltips will popup to remind you to select a node first before tracing.
- Made node for the soma and end points of a trace branch larger
- Nodes are circles now instead of squares
- Fix issues with highlighting nodes
- Fix issues with volume not loading properly when a node is selected
- Virtual Finger calculations moved to a worker thread so it does not freeze screen while it is performing computations.
- Preload some of the 3D image files for the tutorials so they load up faster
- Fix issues with CtD-3D and Virtual Finger sometimes not functioning if 3D images in two far away regions are loaded at the same time.
- Add new intensity threshold slider to allow more user control of the signal brightness. This will also allow virtual finger to better create pathways on the signal.
- Fixes to a node tagging feature to be released soon.
- Bug Fixes
- Tracing calculation discard voxels that have been cropped out by the clipping planes set by the user.
- Removed several tutorial text sequences that introduced tools or features with basic quests. The text sequences were too obstrusive at times
- Add new quests to resolve outstanding hotspots/comments/connections to give a clearer sense of remaining objectives for a challenge
- Re-add button to invert black/white colors for image
- Re-add image clipping feature that changed the clip view based on camera orientation and a button to lock the orientation
- Redesigned right hand tray to mainly just show active objectives/quests the player needs to resolve.